Some good examples of hemorrhoid remedies are Hemovirtus, Imescard, Proctosan, Proctyl and Ultraproct, which can be used after the indication of the general practitioner or proctologist in a medical consultation.
Ointments for hemorrhoids act causing analgesia, reducing inflammation, and may also have healing or moisturizing action:
- Bepantol Derma – is a healing and moisturizing ointment, which can be used to relieve external hemorrhoids, since it contains vitamin B5, Dexpanthenol, responsible for nourishing and strengthening the skin, stimulating its formation and natural regeneration;
- Proctosan – is an anesthetic ointment, vasoconstrictor, anti-inflammatory and soothing, used in the treatment and prevention of external hemorrhoids, relieving pain, inflammation, burning, itching and swelling;
- Proctyl – is an anesthetic and astringent ointment, which can be used in the treatment of internal or external hemorrhoids, which treats pain and inflammation, and contractblood vessels, thus stopping bleeding;
- Hemovirtus – is an anesthetic ointment, soothing, anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictor, which can be used in the treatment of internal or external hemorrhoids, which treats pain and inflammation and compresses blood vessels, thus preventing loss of fluids or blood;
- Ultraproct – is an ointment with corticosteroid and local anesthetic, with anti-inflammatory and anesthetic action, which relieves pain, swelling, burning and itching. This ointment can be used both in the treatment of internal hemorrhoids and external hemorrhoids.
Some of these ointments, such as Proctyl, Hemovirtus or Ultraproct, can even be used after surgeries for Hemorrhoids, according to the indications given by the proctologist.
Ointments for hemorrhoids in pregnancy and postpartum
None of these ointments should be used in pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding without medical advice. Therefore, if the pregnant or lactating woman feels discomfort with hemorrhoids, she should go to the doctor, so that he prescribes the most appropriate and least harmful remedy for the baby.
Homemade and natural ointments for hemorrhoid
Homemade and natural ointments for hemorrhoids can also be useful for relieving pain and discomfort because they moisturize the skin and fight inflammation. Some examples of these natural ointments are:
1. Homemade ointment based on Witch hazel: this is a natural ointment, which can be prepared at home, being its main ingredient barks of the plant Hamamelis virginica. This ointment can be applied daily to the external hemorrhoids, relieving pain, discomfort and irritation.
- 4 tablespoons of Hamamélis peels;
- 60 mL of liquid paraffin;
- 60 mL of glycerin.
In a saucepan add the witch peels and the liquid paraffin, simmer for 5 minutes. Then sing the obtained mixture, add glycerin and mix well. Finally, put the ointment obtained in a container with lid and keep in the refrigerator.
Watch the video with the staging mode:https://www.youtube.com/embed/WQCypilQq-4?rel=0&autoplay=0
2. Ointment Nelsons H+ Care Haemorrhoid Relief Cream: this is a natural ointment, made from natural ingredients such as Chestnut Tree of India, Witch Hazel, Calendula and Peony, which treats, relieves and softens the external hemorrhoids, providing the relief of irritation, pain and itching, also improving venous circulation. This is a homeopathic ointment, which can be purchased over the internet, in some pharmacies and pharmacies handling.
In addition, Gilbardeira is another medicinal plant used in the treatment of hemorrhoids, as it tones and reduces the swelling of blood vessels, also improving blood circulation.
How to use
To use the ointment for hemorrhoid should be applied a small amount of ointment 2 to 3 times a day, or according to medical indication or the information contained in the package leaflet of the drug, and always after evacuation and after washing the anal region with soap and water. The duration of treatment will depend on whether the hemorrhoid is internal or external, and should be indicated by the doctor.
In the treatment for external hemorrhoid, the ointment should be applied to the outer region of the anus, and its application should be done with a gentle massage, until complete absorption of the ointment. Learn more about the treatment of external hemorrhoids.
In the treatment for internal hemorrhoid, the ointment should be placed using a tube with applicator, so that the ointment can be introduced into the anus. After application, the applicator should be washed with running water and soap. Learn more about the treatment of internal hemorrhoid.
Tips for taking care of hemorrhoids
Treatment for internal or external hemorrhoid, can be done using measures such as avoiding using toilet paper and washing the anal region with soap and water after evacuations, avoid making too much effort to evacuate and make a fiber-rich diet, for example, using pain and inflammation remedies like Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.
In addition it may also be recommended to do treatment with elastic ligation or sclerotherapy, or even surgery for hemorrhoid, in the doctor’s office. See how surgery and recovery is performed.
Another tip to treat hemorrhoids naturally, is to use teas to drink and to make seat baths.