The neck is made up of many vital parts such as the spine, major arteries, nerves and ligaments. Any crunch in the neck as well as pain in this area can bring about panic.
Safe reasons for crunching
Clicks felt on the neck is common in young people. If you are healthy, it may occur due to the following reasons.
- Very mobile joints at a lack of mass
- Unbalanced muscle performance in athletes
- Small amount of joint fluid in infants
- Air bubbles between the vertebrae
- Wrong posture and fatigue
In the second case, the snum will stop when the muscles are stretched and warmed up. In children, the crunch of the neck seizes as they grow older, when the skeleton is formed. Also, air bubbles accumulate in all the joints as you grow older.
Crunch in the neck due to illness
If the crunch originates from the cervical region, the diseases causing it are usually:
- Inflammation and destruction of both vertebrae and nearby vessels
- Excess calcium due to improper metabolism
- Growths (osteophytes) on the vertebrae
- Wear of cartilage between individual vertebrae
These conditions are brought about by various disease such as osteochondrosis, spondylosis, sondiolisthesis, lordosis, osteoarthritis and hernias. If they are ignored, the diseases can begin so it is better that you visits the doctor early or other complications may arise such as:
- Circulatory disorders, lack of oxygen, insomnia, headaches and dizziness in osteochondrosis.
- Impaired mobility and destruction of the bones of the spine in spondylosis.
- Absent-mindedness, unclear pain and dizziness.
- Further serious curvature of posture in lordosis and kyphosis.
- Loss of mobility and destruction of cartilage in osteoarthritis.
- Loss of sensitivity, malaise and severe pain in hernias.
Who can help?
If the crunch and clicks in the neck become bothersome, visit the neurologist who will identify whether your case is a deviation or your neck is simply crunching for safe reasons. In the first case, the neurologist will refer you to another specialist while for the second case, he will give you advice on how to relieve the symptom.
|Neurologist||If the disturbances occurred due to stress, and if after the neglected disease there was a pinch of nerves.|
|Orthopaedic Traumatologist||In cases of bones and joints, and if crunching, clicks and unpleasant sensations began after injuries and bruises.|
A visual examination is not always enough to accurately diagnose the condition. You will thus be referred to undergo X-rays, MRI, CT scans and ultrasounds. The results will enable the doctor to asses the state of your health and recommend the right treatment.
What to do in case of illness
As soon as the diagnoses is made, a competent doctor will prescribe the right treatment. They may be treated in different ways including surgery. When the disease is in its early stages it may be treated using various drugs such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs), chondroprotectors or other remedies that the doctor will decide.
Other ways of relieving pain are massages, compresses, physical therapy, gymnastics, supporting corsets and collars.
Is it possible to avoid it?
You should not be quick to follow the instructions and exercises regarding treatment from the internet. Instead, consult a doctor on the appropriate exercises that will be useful and will not cause any harm then practice them on a regular basis.
The best way to prevent crunch and neck pain is consuming a healthy diet and having a mobile lifestyle. You can also do the following to protect yourself from spinal diseases.
- Actively move – If you do a sedentary work regularly get up and do a little warm up or walk for five minutes, if possible you can exercise several times a week.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- To monitor the weight, do not to be underweight or overweight so as not to load the joints.
- Do massage by yourself or you can visit a professional.
- Give up bad habits.
Changes in your daily life will not happen immediately but these habits will impact positively on your health and not only the spine. Cervical diseases such as pathology will be prevented if you take care of yourself and visit the doctor when you first experience the symptoms so as to avoid complications.