“Cisgender” is a term for people who have a gender identity that matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. Cisgender people are not transgender.
A person’s gender identity can be male, female, both, or neither. Some people identify as transgender, which means their gender identity does not match the sex they were assigned at birth.
What is Cisgender?
Cisgender is a term for people who identify as their birth-assigned gender.
The prefix “cis” means “on this side of.” Cisgender is the opposite of transgender, which means that one’s gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth.
Cisgender people are not to be confused with cissexual, which is a person who has only experienced sexual attraction to people of the same gender as themselves.
Why Do I Need to Know What It Means To Be Cisgendered?
This term is used to describe a person whose gender identity matches their birth sex.
Cisgender people are not transgender, so they do not identify as the opposite gender. They are also not genderqueer, which means that they don’t identify as any other non-binary genders.
A cisgender person is someone who identifies with the sex and gender that they were assigned at birth. This is different from being transgender, which means identifying with a different gender than the one you were assigned at birth.
Cisgender & The Gender Binary
The term “cisgender” is used to describe a person whose gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth.
The gender binary is the idea that there are only two possible sexes, male and female, and that everyone must be one or the other.
People who do not identify with either of these genders are often called “non-binary.”
What Are the 10 Things I Need To Know As A Cisfemale?
The list of 10 things every cis female should know is as follows:
1. You are not alone.
2. It doesn’t matter what you look like, what your body looks like, or how you identify your gender.
3. You are entitled to your own feelings and opinions about yourself and your body.
4. Your needs are important–and so is the need for people around you to listen to them and take them seriously.
5. One of the most important things you can do for yourself is talk about it with people who care about you and want to help support you in being healthy in mind and spirit as well as body-no matter where they stand on this issue themselves.
6. There is a lot of information out there that might be helpful to you–but it’s up to YOU to find it–and then use it wisely, share it with others, or not do anything at all with it–whatever feels